Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hot Wing Chicken Burgers





This is one of my Classics. I created this recipe when I had braces. I was really craving chicken wings, but since I had braces, I couldn't really eat them. So, I thought about how I could get the same flavors of chicken wings, but in another form. I've done a lot of other recipes this way too. It's a really fun way to mix things up a little! :) Here's what I came up with:

-1 lb ground chicken (I've seen it more and more lately, but I've always found it at Albertson's)
-1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
-a handful of parsley, chopped
-a heavy sprinkle of celery seed
-a handful of bleu cheese crumbles (this may be optional if you don't like bleu cheese)
-1/2 cup of plain breadcrumbs (you may need a little more)
-buns of your choice
Optional toppings:
-sliced tomatoes
-romaine lettuce
-ranch dressing
-more hot sauce for those who like it hot :)

In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. If the mixture is still really sticky, add a little more breadcrumbs until the mixture holds together. Form into 1/2 thick (or thinner) patties. One pound of meat will make about 4 large patties or 6 regular sized patties. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add 2 TBS of olive oil and cook the burgers about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden brown. When I flip the burgers over, I usually put a lid over the skillet just to ensure the middle is cooked through. Serve on buns with your choice of toppings. A simple salad and sweet potato fries make great sides with this! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment