Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's Fall...ish.

I really love this time of year even if it can still get up to 100 degrees outside! :( But I love Halloween and the months of October and November when it's cool enough in the evenings to open up the doors and windows and let in the breeze. I love the cute little sugar pumpkins, the butternut and acorn squash, and the many wonderfully comforting meals that Fall brings. I was especially feeling this way on Saturday and I wanted to make something warm and comforting. Around this time of year at Trader Joe's, you can get these chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that are SO good! I really didn't have the time to make cookies so I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread! (No, I didn't make this recipe up. I know my weaknesses and realize that I'm not much of a baker...but I'm working on it!) This recipe made amazing bread! It was moist and full of pumpkin-y flavor! I only tweaked it a little by adding dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet and I also added walnuts because I like them. Anyway, here's the recipe (courtesy of mothermeetstheroad.com)...

-3 cups sugar
-1 15oz can of pumpkin puree

-1 cup vegetable oil

-2/3 cup water

-4 eggs

-3 ½ cups flour

-3 tsp ground cinnamon

-2 tsp ground nutmeg

-2 tsp baking soda

-1 ½ tsp salt

-1 cup dark chocolate chips
-1/2 to 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

  • Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Spray 2 9x5 loaf pans with nonstick spray.
  • In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs. Beat until smooth.
  • Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
  • Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
  • Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This really hit the spot and I will definitely be making this a few more times before the season is over. I even thought that this would be a great treat to make and give to friends over the Thanksgiving holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment