Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A good idea, but something was missing...


I have been trying to think of a new chicken burger recipe. I have one that I make all the time and I love it, but I was just trying to think of something new. The one I make all the time is my Hot Wing Chicken Burgers (you will have to keep an eye out for that recipe!) so I wanted something a little different. What I came up with was Ranch Chicken Burgers. I basically just took the flavors of ranch dressing and put them in the burger, plus I few other ingredients. I was really excited about this. I made up the burgers and I even melted some bleu cheese crumbles on top...I mean, this looked really good. And it tasted really good too, but not exactly what I had in mind. It did taste like ranch, but there was something missing. I'm not sure what exactly, but something. So, I'm going to mess around with the recipe a little and when I get it right, I will post the recipe on here. I'm knocking around a few ideas, so I'm sure it won't be long before I get it right. :)

Today for lunch, I made some friends the Chipotle Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos with the black bean salsa. I was really excited to try one of my new recipes on my friends. They all loved it...yay! :) It made me really happy to see them enjoy it. :) Oh, and if you don't like shrimp...you can try the same recipe on chicken or steak! And in all my excitement of making lunch for my friends, I forgot to get something out for dinner! Ha, ha! :) It's either going to be leftovers or take-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment